Saturday, September 20, 2014

Romance Writers Facebook Tag

I was tagged by Kayla Hampton to take part in a romance writers Facebook tag. Thank you Kayla! @HamptonBooks
Here’s how it goes:
You write 7 lines from your current work in progress, starting with the seventh line on the seventh page.
This is from my novel Exquisite Destiny, (a paranormal romance). This is Book 2 in the projected 5 book series. I hope to have the first 2 novels out by the Spring of 2015.

The juncture froze in the same way that time stands still the instant before a near death impact. 
When we both became aware of the connection he pulled his hand away as though unexpectedly uncomfortable and asked me again, “Do you mind if I join you for just a little while?”
The seconds seemed to hang almost pregnant in the air, charged with expectation. I was barely able to nod my assent motioning to the seat across from me, after feeling forced, against my will, to relinquish his hand.

What was that, I wondered? I gently probed his mind and found he was wondering the exact same thing. Sitting across from him I was momentarily distracted by his perfectly manicured nails. Was he a dandy?



©by Raina Schell
Twitter @RainaSchell
Please like me on Facebook!! Raina on Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment